LESSON TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) 24 hours notice must be given to cancel a lesson, (48 hrs in relation to Pass Plus or Intensive Courses – see below) Non- attendance or failing to give the appropriate notice will result in being asked to pay for the missed lesson in full. The driving instructor reserves the right to cancel a driving lesson if they feel that the pupil is unfit to drive through the use of drink, drugs or any other situation that would cause the pupil to be driving illegally. If this was to happen, the lesson fees for that driving lesson would still be payable.
2) A 50% Non-Returnable booking fee is payable to confirm an Intensive Course or any block booked course, with the remainder payable by cheque/cash 10 days before the commencement date, or payable at the commencement of the course, on the first day, in cash only. Upon commencement of the course, no refunds will be entertained.
3) A suitable car will be provided for training, which is insured, taxed and has a valid MOT certificate (if required). The vehicle will be fitted with dual controls for your safety and regularly serviced to the manufacturers servicing schedule.
4) We will provide a car (as above) for your use on your practical driving test, subject to you reaching a suitable standard that is considered to be safe, and all outstanding payments owed have been paid. Test day payments, need to be paid in cash at the commencement of the lesson. If in our opinion, your driving could be a danger to public safety, then the offer of the use of our tuition vehicle could be withdrawn without notice. You would then need to make your own arrangements for a car and confirm that your insurance company is aware that you are attending a driving test.
5) We accept no responsibility for any property left in our vehicle.
6) The last 10 minutes of the lesson, (around 20 minutes for an intensive) will be used to de-brief you on your progress and to record your performance, as directed by the DSA (Driving Standards Agency)
7) We can not be held responsible for postponements of lessons due to our illness or mechanical breakdown, nor for driving tests cancelled by the DSA (Driving Standards Agency). Peter Chappell school of Motoring can not be held liable for any consequential loss that you may have. If your driving test is cancelled by the DSA at short notice, the lesson fee including the use of the vehicle fees are still due. You will be given details by the DSA about compensation and re-booking your driving test.
8) Smoking is NOT ALLOWED within the training vehicle, although we can, if requested, take a break and smoke outside the vehicle.
9) Block booking must be paid in advance to receive the discount.
10) Gift vouchers – All gift vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Therefore driving lessons must start before they expire. When you are ready to start your driving lessons, please contact Peter Chappell on 07949329946 to arrange your 1st driving lesson. Please allow 1 – 4 working days for delivery of your gift vouchers.
11) Only one special offer will be granted to each Pupil, unless we state otherwise. Currently not included in this rule are – Assessment driving lesson – 2 hours for the price of a one hour lesson – £22.00 Referral scheme – for any referrals you make to my driving school, I will pay you up to £100.00 payable once the referral has taken their driving test with Peter Chappell School of Motoring. (subject to a minimum of 30 hours of tuition). A pro-rata payment will be made for lessons taken place under the 30 hour threshold. You can refer any number of friends or family members as there is no maximum amount payable.
12) If you are entitled to a refund, your lessons that have taken place would be charged, at our standard rate of £22.00 per hour. and a cheque will be sent to you for the difference – within 1 – 3 working days at the discretion of the driving instructor as refunds are not given.